First of all... thank you for your purchase. be sure to save this page for future use. now, let's get to work.
SOCIAL MEDIA ADS FOR STRUGGLING MUSICIANS:
How can you reach new fans everyday for less than the amount of a cup of coffee? I’m so glad that you asked. I want to introduce you to a marketing strategy that you can start right now for $1 a day. Yes, $1 a day. Can you do more than a dollar? Yes. But, $1 is all you need to start. The $1 ad strategy is great for influencers, artists, small business owners and many more. Here’s how you would set it up.
You can set up this strategy either directly through your Instagram account (BOOST POST BUTTON) or through Facebook ads. I’d recommend going through Facebook as you’ll have more options and control over your ads.
I’ll break down both methods.
facebook $1 a day marketing strategy
First of all... why would i do this?
This is a great strategy to "test the waters". Artists that are signed to labels have 6 figure marketing budgets. Sadly, the little guys like me and you currently do not (but we will one day!) This strategy will help you get exposure to your page on a daily basis without breaking the bank. Your job as an artist/influencer or small business owner is to create a dope product/create dope content, and expose that content to a new audience on a daily basis. This strategy will help you achieve this.
Make an account on: www.business.facebook.com Once The account is set up you’ll land on the home page. Click on the + Create button.
Choose your campaign objective. (If you’re an artist/influencer, I’d suggest doing Brand Awareness, reach or Traffic Ads. If you’re a small business owner, try Conversion, Store Traffic or Traffic ads. Please note that regardless of your choice, you will still get a ton of traffic to your page daily. Don’t stress! You can always test which one works the best for you.)
Once you make your selection, you’ll land on a page that looks like this:
At the bottom of the screen you’ll see a button that says “Campaign Budget Optimization”. Click it. After all, if Facebook wants to help you reach more people/improve your campaign without charging you more… why not!?!
Next, you’ll see a box that says Campaign Budget. Input $1.00 as your daily budget.
Next you’ll need to name your ad set. Pick a name you’ll remember.
Budget Schedule- This is important. This is where you get to choose exactly what time your ads will run. I highly suggest that you ONLY run your ads during the times that people are normally awake. If you do not edit this section, there is a chance that your ads will run at random times, like 3AM, 1AM, etc. You want to run ads when people are the most active.
Pick an end date. (However, I choose to leave mine running. After all, it’s $1 a day. I know that the MOST I’ll ever spend in a month is $31 bucks. No biggie).
Create an Audience- Locations- You choose. I generally target several countries at a time, but if you own a business in a particular region, it may not make sense for you to do so. Don't limit yourself to your neighborhood or state if you are an artist. Think bigger.
Ages: This will vary. However, remember that we are running social media ads. If you’re a rapper, I wouldn’t recommend running ads to anyone of the age of about 35. (In fact, I usually target people aged 18-25. The 65 year grandmother most likely isn’t checking for your new tape bro lol.
Gender: You decide. But remember, be smart about it. Certain pieces of art can primarily relate to one gender over another.
Language: If you’re reading this, your choice will most likely be English. (That should not limit you for marketing to other countries- why? Think about it this way. Isn’t it crazy how people who don’t even speak English can rap along with their favorite American rap songs?)
Detailed targeting: Broad is not your friend. We want to NARROW THIS SECTION DOWN AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. You’re not going to reach 10,000,000 people a day off of a $1 daily budget.
Instead for example, if you have a song where people say that you remind them of the rapper “Common”- I WOULD ONLY TARGET FANS OF COMMON. Have a video that you posted that remind people of Denzel Washington? Only target fans of Denzel.
Placements- For this strategy I’d only recommend running manual placements, and selecting Instagram (story feed, reels, explore).
Choose your ad name. Link the correct Facebook Page/Instagram account.
Under ad set up, select “Existing Post” if that content you want to promote is already on Instagram, and Create ad if you’d like to upload a video.
Once you are done following the prompts, click Publish.
BOOM. You just created a Facebook ad for $1 a day.
INSTAGRAM $1 STRATEGY:
This one is so simple, we only need a few bullet points.
Go to your post. Hit boost post.
Select your goal.
Create your audience and select your budget. Yours will be $1 a day.
If you’ve run an ad before, you’ll just hit Boost post. If not, you’ll need to link your payment information.
Downside of running ads directly through Instagram- No option to control when ads run and WHERE they will run (example- you can’t choose to ONLY run story ads or ads through the Explore feed like Facebook. Instagram will choose how they want to show your ad).
I ran a $1 ad for a freestyle I posted over a Wu-Tang beat. I targeted Wu Tang fans aged 27-41. (now before you say “Kayo you said nobody over 35!” Remember, Wu-Tang is an older group, for older cats like me.)
The ad is scheduled to run for 30 days. Based on projections, around 25,000 people should see this ad. Now, imagine getting 25,000 people to see your music for $30 bucks. Not bad. Not bad at all my friend.
dang... i'm trippin'. i always give y'all something for free.
5. You’ll eventually want to get good enough to run ads via expert mode, but for now, stick to the basics. Insert your video link.
6. Select whether you want your video to play before other videos or if you want it placed as a thumbnail next to relatable vids. What’s the difference? Option A will give you more views for less, but less engagement. (because these are skippable in-stream ads). The other option are discovery ads which people knowingly click on because they are interested. These are a little more expensive, and may get less views, but more engagement.
7. Choose your landing page or your text for the video ad.
8. Choose where you want your ad to show and choose a language.
9. Choose the other stuff. Age, gender, blah blah (I always leave parental status alone. I don’t care if shawty has a kid or not haha)
10. Interests- Choose specific interests unless there isn’t anything that closely fits your video. For musicians, choose Media & Entertainment, next pick music lovers.
11. Change your daily budget to $5. Notice how $5 can get your video seen by up to 1,500 people a day on discovery ads? That would mean over the span of a month, you would spend $150 dollars, but get 45,000 REAL PEOPLE seeing your video. Now what if you did this every month????? WHOA. Sure, over the coarse of 12 months, you’d spend $1,800 but man o man!! Your video would have over 500,000 views. If you have a hit, that’s definitely enough to make someone want to sign you!!
Need more insight?
Connect with me on my social media --> Instagram: @Kayobracey